FULL-TIME RF SERVICE ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT: Marine Operations/Tech Services
LOCATION: Miramar, FL
GENERAL PURPOSE: Analysis of system performance, diagnosis of component or system faults and corrective maintenance of TVRO and VSAT system and components. Perform installation of new TVRO and VSAT systems.
- Applicant should have 3+ years of Seatel Mobilized Tracking Antenna hands on experience
- Diagnose TVRO/VSAT system symptoms and information with computer software and test equipment
- Troubleshoot components of the TVRO/VSAT system using computer software and test equipment
- Analyze results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services working correctly.
- Interpret problems or symptoms reported by customers and diagnose possible causes of service problems with the network, systems or components.
- Install new TVRO/VSAT equipment and upgrade components or systems on vessels and/or buildings.
- Test, locate and restore service by interpreting service orders, circuit diagrams and troubleshooting.
- Modify computer / system software settings and parameters. Provide service reports upon return.
- Test and adjust equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on shipboard TVRO/VSAT systems, components and software.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- This position will report to the Technical Services Manager.
- Interacts with shipboard personnel to include Broadcast Technicians, IT Manager, Captain, Chief Engineer and Chief Electrician.
- Provide technical phone support to current customers
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- AS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of Seatel mobilized tracking antennas, Telnet and Windows OS required.
- VSAT mobilized tracking with emphasis on Seatel mobilized tracking a major plus.
- Graduate of technical school desired with emphasis on RF, electronics and electro-mechanical studies.
- 2-3 years field experience desired, but will train on TVRO and VSAT Seatel antenna systems.
- Valid US Passport.
- PC use, travel required (approximately 40 - 50%), basic electro-mechanical skills.
- Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in any of these jobs.